AbstractThis case study focuses on Moleculera Labs, an emerging biotechnology R&D company developing clinical diagnostics and identifying new therapeutic targets. This article covers commercialization and innovation strategy applicable to an emerging biotech company that has utilized patient-centric, capital efficient, and lean principles for development, validation, and go-to-market execution. This case study includes key factors that are essential for successful biotechnology companies. These range from management of technology, market, and team/leadership risks to dealing with financing, regulatory, IP, and reimbursement issues.
Unless specified by prior arrangement, the author agrees to the following terms and assurances:
- For myself and on behalf of the other authors listed on this work, I assign to thinkBiotech LLC the copyright* in the contribution for the full term throughout the world.
- I/we further give to the following assurances
- I am the sole author of the contribution, or, if not, I have the written authority of the other authors to transfer the copyright* to thinkBiotech LLC and give these warranties;
- I and (where appropriate) the other authors are entitled to transfer the copyright to thinkBiotech LLC and no one else would be entitled to prevent us from publishing the contribution;
- To the best of my/our knowledge, all the facts in the contribution are true and accurate;
- The content of the contribution is entirely original to me (and where appropriate to the other authors) or, if not, the written permission of the owner of the copyright in any material copied from elsewhere has been obtained for all media (all such permissions to be attached to the contribution as supplementary files);
- Nothing in the contribution is obscene or libellous;
- Nothing in the contribution infringes any duty of confidentiality which I/or the other authors may owe to anyone else.
- I and/or the other authors have obtained the appropriate clearances from my/our employer(s) or other concerned institution(s).