Genetically modified products have gradually entered people’s life because of the rapid development of biotechnology. With the perfection and progress of relevant technologies, genetically modified products are successfully commercialized and flourish in the international market for its special advantages. But the safety of genetically modified products has not been confirmed; hence disputes of international trade emerge. To ensure the health development of international trade of genetically modified products, different countries and regions set up different degrees of legislative limitation. Through discussing the legal system of international trade of genetically modified products, this study introduced the status and characteristics of international trade of genetically modified products, analyzed the legal causes for trade disputes, and proposed corresponding countermeasures and suggestions for perfecting system. Developing countries should positively coordinate to perfect transgenosis related system, participate in the formulation of new trade rules, promote the construction of international trade laws to seek welfare, and drive the orderly development of genetically modified products.
Unless specified by prior arrangement, the author agrees to the following terms and assurances:
- For myself and on behalf of the other authors listed on this work, I assign to thinkBiotech LLC the copyright* in the contribution for the full term throughout the world.
- I/we further give to the following assurances
- I am the sole author of the contribution, or, if not, I have the written authority of the other authors to transfer the copyright* to thinkBiotech LLC and give these warranties;
- I and (where appropriate) the other authors are entitled to transfer the copyright to thinkBiotech LLC and no one else would be entitled to prevent us from publishing the contribution;
- To the best of my/our knowledge, all the facts in the contribution are true and accurate;
- The content of the contribution is entirely original to me (and where appropriate to the other authors) or, if not, the written permission of the owner of the copyright in any material copied from elsewhere has been obtained for all media (all such permissions to be attached to the contribution as supplementary files);
- Nothing in the contribution is obscene or libellous;
- Nothing in the contribution infringes any duty of confidentiality which I/or the other authors may owe to anyone else.
- I and/or the other authors have obtained the appropriate clearances from my/our employer(s) or other concerned institution(s).