In recent years, the application of transgenic biotechnology in China has become more and more extensive, but the matched public participation system construction is not optimistic; due to information asymmetry, groups which support and oppose transgenosis appear, which affects the healthy and scientific development of transgenic biotechnology in China. Based on the condition, this study clarified the public participation status in the issue of transgenic biotechnology through integrating related research achievements and empirical research, figured out the improvement direction of public participation system based on social development, and finally proposed several suggestions for the perfection of transgenic biotechnology in three aspects. This work provides a reference for the development of transgenic biotechnology in China and the maintenance of public participation rights.
Unless specified by prior arrangement, the author agrees to the following terms and assurances:
- For myself and on behalf of the other authors listed on this work, I assign to thinkBiotech LLC the copyright* in the contribution for the full term throughout the world.
- I/we further give to the following assurances
- I am the sole author of the contribution, or, if not, I have the written authority of the other authors to transfer the copyright* to thinkBiotech LLC and give these warranties;
- I and (where appropriate) the other authors are entitled to transfer the copyright to thinkBiotech LLC and no one else would be entitled to prevent us from publishing the contribution;
- To the best of my/our knowledge, all the facts in the contribution are true and accurate;
- The content of the contribution is entirely original to me (and where appropriate to the other authors) or, if not, the written permission of the owner of the copyright in any material copied from elsewhere has been obtained for all media (all such permissions to be attached to the contribution as supplementary files);
- Nothing in the contribution is obscene or libellous;
- Nothing in the contribution infringes any duty of confidentiality which I/or the other authors may owe to anyone else.
- I and/or the other authors have obtained the appropriate clearances from my/our employer(s) or other concerned institution(s).