With the rapid development of transgenic biotechnology, social economic benefits generated from it becomes more and more; however, the doubt on its safety never fades away. Whether transgenic technology is safe or not is always disputed. Different countries have released and established relevant genetically modified organisms safety management schemes and biotechnology risk communication mechanisms to ensure the long-acting, stable and healthy development of transgenic biotechnology. This study analyzed and compared the genetically modified organisms safety management schemes of United States and European Union and the biotechnology risk communication mechanisms of counties such as United States and Japan and then proposed some suggestions to perfect genetically modified organisms management regulations and risk communication long-acting mechanisms such as establishing sound laws and regulations, strengthening transgenic technology support, establishing information open monitoring platform and perfecting the risk communication function of relevant institutions, with the intention of ensuring the health and continuous development of transgenic organism industry.
Unless specified by prior arrangement, the author agrees to the following terms and assurances:
- For myself and on behalf of the other authors listed on this work, I assign to thinkBiotech LLC the copyright* in the contribution for the full term throughout the world.
- I/we further give to the following assurances
- I am the sole author of the contribution, or, if not, I have the written authority of the other authors to transfer the copyright* to thinkBiotech LLC and give these warranties;
- I and (where appropriate) the other authors are entitled to transfer the copyright to thinkBiotech LLC and no one else would be entitled to prevent us from publishing the contribution;
- To the best of my/our knowledge, all the facts in the contribution are true and accurate;
- The content of the contribution is entirely original to me (and where appropriate to the other authors) or, if not, the written permission of the owner of the copyright in any material copied from elsewhere has been obtained for all media (all such permissions to be attached to the contribution as supplementary files);
- Nothing in the contribution is obscene or libellous;
- Nothing in the contribution infringes any duty of confidentiality which I/or the other authors may owe to anyone else.
- I and/or the other authors have obtained the appropriate clearances from my/our employer(s) or other concerned institution(s).