Flavonoids are one of the major nutrient families recognized to scientists, and comprise over 6,000 already recognized family members. A number of the best - recognized flavonoids include quercetin, kaempferol, catechins, and anthocyanidins. It is well-known for its antioxidative activity, free radical scavenging capacity, coronary, hepatoprotective, anti-inflammatory and anticancer activities. Some flavonoids also exhibit potential antiviral activities. There has been rising attention in the research on flavonoids from plant sources because of their resourceful fitness benefits reported in a variety of epidemiological studies. Study on the health aspects of flavonoids for humans is growing speedily.
Filippos Ververidis Dr., Emmanouil Trantas, Carl Douglas, Guenter Vollmer, Georg Kretzschmar and Nickolas Panopoulos (2007). Biotechnology of flavonoids and other phenylpropanoid-derived natural products. Part I: Chemical diversity, impacts on plant biology and human health, Biotechnology Journal 2(10):1214â€“1234, DOI: 10.102/biot.200700084
Pandey KB, Rizvi SI (2009). Plant polyphenols as dietary antioxidants in human health and disease. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity 2(5):270-278.
Othman NH(2012). Honey and Cancer: Sustainable Inverse Relationship Particularly for Developing Nationsâ€”A Review. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine : eCAM 2012:410406. doi:10.1155/2012/410406.
Rahman K.(2007) Studies on free radicals, antioxidants, and co-factors. Clinical Interventions in Aging 2(2):219-236.
Unless specified by prior arrangement, the author agrees to the following terms and assurances:
- For myself and on behalf of the other authors listed on this work, I assign to thinkBiotech LLC the copyright* in the contribution for the full term throughout the world.
- I/we further give to the following assurances
- I am the sole author of the contribution, or, if not, I have the written authority of the other authors to transfer the copyright* to thinkBiotech LLC and give these warranties;
- I and (where appropriate) the other authors are entitled to transfer the copyright to thinkBiotech LLC and no one else would be entitled to prevent us from publishing the contribution;
- To the best of my/our knowledge, all the facts in the contribution are true and accurate;
- The content of the contribution is entirely original to me (and where appropriate to the other authors) or, if not, the written permission of the owner of the copyright in any material copied from elsewhere has been obtained for all media (all such permissions to be attached to the contribution as supplementary files);
- Nothing in the contribution is obscene or libellous;
- Nothing in the contribution infringes any duty of confidentiality which I/or the other authors may owe to anyone else.
- I and/or the other authors have obtained the appropriate clearances from my/our employer(s) or other concerned institution(s).