We describe a new trust-based global health security initiative known as CORDS: Connecting Organizations for Regional Disease Surveillance. Initiated and managed by the Nuclear Threat Initiative with support of The Rockefeller Foundation, Fondation MÃ©rieux and the Skoll Global Threats Fund. CORDS is a non-governmental platform to transform dialogue among public health, veterinary and wildlife professionals from multi-country infectious disease surveillance networks. It also links with the World Health Organization, World Organization for Animal Health and other global partners in managing cross-border emerging infectious disease threats and building disease surveillance capacity. The publicâ€“private partnerships of CORDS create a global social fabric and continuity of disease experts based upon trust.
Unless specified by prior arrangement, the author agrees to the following terms and assurances:
- For myself and on behalf of the other authors listed on this work, I assign to thinkBiotech LLC the copyright* in the contribution for the full term throughout the world.
- I/we further give to the following assurances
- I am the sole author of the contribution, or, if not, I have the written authority of the other authors to transfer the copyright* to thinkBiotech LLC and give these warranties;
- I and (where appropriate) the other authors are entitled to transfer the copyright to thinkBiotech LLC and no one else would be entitled to prevent us from publishing the contribution;
- To the best of my/our knowledge, all the facts in the contribution are true and accurate;
- The content of the contribution is entirely original to me (and where appropriate to the other authors) or, if not, the written permission of the owner of the copyright in any material copied from elsewhere has been obtained for all media (all such permissions to be attached to the contribution as supplementary files);
- Nothing in the contribution is obscene or libellous;
- Nothing in the contribution infringes any duty of confidentiality which I/or the other authors may owe to anyone else.
- I and/or the other authors have obtained the appropriate clearances from my/our employer(s) or other concerned institution(s).