Focus and Scope
The Journal of Commercial Biotechnology is the definitive international quarterly publication for bioscience business professionals. The Journal is designed specifically for those professionals who need to enhance their knowledge of biotechnology business strategy and management, improve and advance their product development or want to keep up-to-date with the current issues and industry trends.
Each issue publishes peer-reviewed, authoritative, cutting-edge articles written by the leading practitioners and researchers in the field, addressing topics such as:
Submissions may be in the form of:
- Research-based investigations
- Trends and best practices
- Case studies
- Policy analysis
- Market analysis
- Legal and regulatory updates
The Journal of Commercial Biotechnology is a unique forum for all those involved in biotechnology commercialization to present, share, and explore new ideas, latest thinking and best practices, making it an indispensable guide for those developing projects and careers, within this fast moving field.
Every issue of Journal of Commercial Biotechnology publishes forward-thinking regular features from some of the leading names in biotechnology commercialisation.
By subscribing to Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, you will have access to the latest intelligence on cutting-edge life science research commercialisation, worldwide:
- Peer-reviewed papers - original, high-quality articles from leading practitioners on the latest thinking, developments and techniques affecting biopharmaceutical, agrochemical and environmental companies
- Legal & regulatory updates - providing expert guidance on the major legal and regulatory issues affecting the industry, compiled and prepared by Bird & Bird and Reed Smith
- Financial account reports - summarizing the finances of the major established and newly-formed biotech companies
- Book reviews - previewing forthcoming books in life science commercialisation
The Journal of Commercial Biotechnology is essential reading for:
- Vice Presidents
- Heads of Business Development
- Heads of Corporate Development
- Commercial Directors
- Chief Financial Officers
- Investment Managers
- Heads of Corporate Intellectual Property
- Heads of Regulatory Affairs
- Intellectual Property Lawyers and all those involved in the commercialisation of biotechnology.
Peer Review Process
All papers submitted for publication will be subject to a double-blind refereeing procedure. Authors should be aware that papers submitted to the Journal should not be simultaneously submitted for review to any other publications.
Each submitted manuscript is evaluated on the following criteria:
- the originality of the contribution
- the relevance to the field of commercial biotechnology
- the soundness of the theory and the methdology
- the coherence of the analysis
- the significance of the findings
- the ability to communicate to readers (grammar and style)
Normal turnaround time for evaluation of manuscripts is three to six weeks from the date of receipt.
The Journal of Commercial Biotechnology is published quarterly, with issues in January, April, July, and October of each year.
Deadlines are four months ahead of each publication date.
Journal of Commercial Biotechnology Deadlines:
|Publication Date||Submission Deadline|